We were asked and pleased to provide some of our services at this years Designer Showhouse for the Kansas City Symphony. (off 58th and Ward Parkway)
The carriage house was the space were our polished concrete floors will be showcased. We were happy to contribute our services and show people just what can be done to even old concrete with our knowledge and tooling.
More to come on this…….
before polishing and color
after color and polish (sheen produced mechanically by honing/polishing concrete)
Here is a post about some basement floors we have done that our customers have come to love. Our customers love our work for a few reasons;
- We have invested thousands of dollars in Lavina concrete polishing machines that use diamond pads and commercial vacuums for dust extraction in order to give people fantastic floors. You get fantastic stained concrete floors because of prep work. I would go out on a limb and say from what I know there is not another company in Kansas City that invests more in tooling and education in order to provide great floors.
- Traditional staining and sealing of concrete floors involves stains that don’t react right and sealers that smell you out of your home or business. This is the old way (which our competition still uses because of reason #1 above). We use concrete polishing techniques, earth friendly stains and floors guards that are being used in high traffic commercial applications. This allows us to have more controlled stain outcomes and use products that are more durable and won’t make you shut down your business or leave your home for a couple of days.
- We do a lot of stained concrete floors…not just one a month or every so often like some others. We know the products and process inside and out.
Just a quick post to talk about how polished concrete applications and how perfect they are for basement floors.
- more durable than putting a clear coat on the floor
- no harmful odors – won’t drive you out of your home
- color is more controlled than acid stains or other dyes
- was designed for commercial wear and tear
- weeds out inferior contractors…the polishing equipment and vacuums as well as diamonds for the machines cost a lot of money so Jimmy and Johnny’s Concrete probably wont be looking at your floor only qualified people with the tools
Many people want to utilize the existing concrete of their structure, but don’t know how. The current and up coming trend is to polish the existing concrete. Currently many companies, us included, are staining concrete and putting a clear top coating on. While this is achieves a great look we are trying to push customers into polishing their existing concrete mechanically. This is achieved by using successive grits of diamond pads and usually involves 10 plus steps. This achieves a high, maintenance free product. By the way…colors can be added.
Before - old concrete floor in KC
After - Polished with a dye
Here is a great article about the utilization of polished concrete flooring. Kansas City will eventually realize that using the existing concrete surface is not only a durable, sustainable choice, but an athetically pleasing one as well.
Polished Concrete Has the Floor – Featured Special Sections – Sustainable Facility
Shared via AddThis
polished concrete kansas city
Just a short post to let you know how excited I am about polished concrete floors in Kansas City. Polished concrete closes up the pores of the concrete giving you a maintenance free floor that is highly durable. This is perfect for a garage floor as apposed to epoxy because there is nothing that can peal. And guess what….it can be done for less money than traditional epoxy and only take a day. And no its not slick…Bass Pro and Home depot wouldn’t be doing it if they were worried about people falling. If you want to find out more about concrete polishing in Kansas city visit our site kansascityconcrete.net